Sailing in Erquy, Brittany - Côtes-d'Armor
In Erquy, in the Côtes-d'Armor region of Brittany, sailing is one of the most popular water sports for holidaymakers. Whatever your level, come and take advantage of suitable equipment and a stretch of water to introduce your children to sailing or to live your passion to the full during your stay on a campsite by the sea in Erquy!
Sailing and water sports: a host of water sports activities to get into the water!
Sailing and water sports include several disciplines and types of boats that use the power of the wind. Among the most popular sports in Erquy, we find :
- The dinghy: a light sailboat designed for cruising, "beach" sailing or racing in regattas. The Optimist is the dinghy for beginners, designed for children from 6 to 15 years old.
- The light catamaran: very common in French Sailing Schools, the catamaran often replaces the dinghy for fun nautical activities. Ideal for initiation and improvement.
- Coastal sailing (or cabotage): practised on board a houseboat, coastal cruising allows you to get away from it all by sailing, sailing for pleasure or fishing for pleasure. A sailboat of less than ten metres may be sufficient. A minimum of sailing experience is required.
- Windsurfing: this sport, which combines sailing and surfing, is making a strong comeback in Brittany, especially in Erquy. The Warp, a long-distance windsurfing race, remains a major event in the autumn.
- Sand yachting: this sport is accessible to all, children and adults alike, and is practised on the long sandy beaches of Erquy. The driver can be seated or lying down, alone or accompanied in a two-seater. Speed and freedom are the order of the day!
The Erquy Nautical Centre, sailing in the Bay of Saint-Brieuc
In the Côtes-d'Armor, the Erquy Nautical Centre allows you to practice sailing in all its forms: dinghy for children, catamaran for adults, windsurfing, sea kayaking, sand yachting. From initiation to improvement, the Costarmorician Sailing Club offers discovery sessions, private lessons and courses for all levels in the Bay of Erquy. On the programme: sea garden (4-5 years), moussaillons (6-7 years), but also improvement courses for adults and equipment hire.
Centre Nautique d'Erquy : Maison de la Mer, Rue du Port, 22430 Erquy, Tel. 02 96 72 32 62, www.centrenautique-erquy.fr
photo@Mathieu Le Gall, CRT Bretagne